Auth framework: need advice based on a list of prerequisites

Your library looks promising. A few questions:

  1. Do you have plans to replace poison with jason as others did (including the core team)?
  2. I appreciate the opinionated approach – it saves code and time – and I usually code my internal libraries in the same manner. However in this case I absolutely need my auth library to work with an already existing model. Have you considered just offloading the DB responsibilities to an external (and configurable by the user) module? Example: Coherence generates schemas.ex file for you and you can just fetch users and other related data from practically anywhere if you change the functions. Enforcing such an external module via a behaviour would be even better.

I have to say that I read your README in GitHub and your linked article. I love your approach and was gravitating to something very similar myself. It’s just that the added views from other libraries are quite tempting and I am not sure I wanna reinvent them (but it might turn out easy).

I’ll keep this thread updated on what I choose and why. Haven’t made the choice yet, still making test apps and trying to evaluate objectively.