Changes to the struct update syntax

Reasonable, but standalone not enough from DX experience. :icon_confused:

By default I prefer a flexibility in the code. However if there is a real value for a developer in exchange (as you have described) then it’s not just an another proposal, but a new good practice that’s better to be followed. :flexed_biceps:

Let’s see it by example … I may not agree with some credo checks and they can even give sometimes a false-positives, but after some time I’ve realised that my code have much better quality. In theory I have forced myself to change a style, but in practice I’m more proud of my code than before and I believe that the best argument that could be raised. :raised_hand:

So YES, please deprecate it! :+1:

Edit: Would there be any problem to ask for a patch release for db_connection and postgrex? I saw that you did that for ecto already:

v3.12.6 (2025-06-11)

Fix deprecations on Elixir v1.19.

1 Like