Compute Module 5 supported?

Pardon me, as I might have to ask some very basic questions, as I never dealt with these things on that level.

An easier option to try is to mount the MicroSD card in your computer. You should see a bunch of .dtb files

I suppose the card in question is the one I burned the nerves firmware to. In my case, it would be the internal eMMC of the CM5, accessed via usbboot.

But there I can only see a single *.dtb file, not “a bunch” as mentioned above.

inode Permissions Links  Size Blocksize User Group Date Modified Name
36300 drwx------      1     -         - dw   staff  5 Jan 12:47   .fseventsd
36024 .rwx------      1  78Ki      79Ki dw   staff  1 Jan  1980   bcm2712-rpi-5-b.dtb
 5898 .rwx------      1   486       512 dw   staff  1 Jan  1980   cmdline.txt
 5894 .rwx------      1 1.8Ki     2.0Ki dw   staff  1 Jan  1980   config.txt
    4 .rwx------      1 8.3Ki     8.5Ki dw   staff  1 Jan  1980   fixup4.dat
 5899 .rwx------      1  15Mi      15Mi dw   staff  1 Jan  1980   kernel8.img
    3 drwx------      1     -         - dw   staff  1 Jan  1980   overlays
   21 .rwx------      1 2.9Mi     2.9Mi dw   staff  1 Jan  1980   start4.elf

Nonetheless, just copying the mentioned bcm2712-rpi-cm5*.dtb files to that eMMC location and boot with these files does not change anything. No output anywhere. Feeling a bit dumb right now, but someone has to start somewhere.