Reading well-written Ruby code is also a pleasure.
Isn’t this the case for about any language? A good question is how often does the ‘well-written’ code pop up? ![]()
Ruby on Rails, created back in 2005, was a really disruptive piece of technology. It changed how we write web applications - it was just mind blowing how much you could achieve by writing so little code. It also made prototyping applications faster.
I’m guessing they weren’t Perl users. ^.^
Ruby is a really expressive language. A couple of lines in Ruby can do the same job as whole chunks of code in other languages.
I’ve… not actually seen this yet for Ruby. I keep hearing that such-n-such languages do this, but it is surprising how often they some how end up more verbose than ‘big-fast’ languages such as C++ or OCaml… Anyone have some code that examples this that also fulfills the well-written part (please no perl-golfing horrors)?
Also, if they are really going to say FP is a Con for Elixir, then they really badly need to say that OOP is a Con for Ruby. ^.^;


















