"Elixir for Good" community?

Sure thing, @PJUllrich. I don’t have a firm preference either, but my gut says Discord, so let’s run with that.

So, if we want to set up a Discord server under “Developers for Good”, does anyone know offhand if there’s a quick and easy way to get one going? I’m going to assume it can be tweaked as we go along.

***Evidently, we’ve already got a bunch of like-minded developers already operating under various banners… e.g Ruby for Good folks, Code for America, Girls Can Code, and others. And, I see we’ve got some fellow travellers at https://developersforgood.org/ where the homepage says it’s:

…a community of technologists who use our skills to make the world a better place.

I’m sure they’ll be keen to connect with like-minded folks, and quite potentially on the new Discord channel. In short order, we’ll want to be doing some outreach / networking kind of work, which I’m happy to do a bunch of, alongside anyone else who’s keen of course! I’ve no particular experience in software development specifically, but I’ve helped co-ordinate technical projects before, which is probably close enough to be useful somehow…

So, it seems that “Developers for Good” is shaping up as the rallying point. I like where this is going!