Failure compiling sqlite_ecto2

I am trying to create an ecto project based on sqlite, first with sqlite_ecto, GitHub - jazzyb/sqlite_ecto: SQLite3 adapter for Ecto · GitHub which conflicts with ecto ~> 2.0, and now with sqlite_ecto2, GitHub - elixir-sqlite/sqlite_ecto2: Sqlite3 adapter for Ecto 2.2.x · GitHub
I get to the stage where I am required to do a mix deps.compile sqlite_ecto2

vonhabsi@ac02:~/DevProjects/learnphoenix/customers$ mix deps.compile sqlite_ecto2
==> sqlite_ecto2
Compiling 9 files (.ex)

== Compilation error on file lib/sqlite_db_connection/query.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) DBConnection.Query is not available
    (elixir) lib/protocol.ex:69: Protocol.assert_protocol!/2
    lib/sqlite_db_connection/query.ex:33: (file)
    (elixir) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:117: anonymous fn/4 in Kernel.ParallelCompiler.
spawn_compilers/1

could not compile dependency :sqlite_ecto2, "mix compile" failed. You can recompile this dep
endency with "mix deps.compile sqlite_ecto2", update it with "mix deps.update sqlite_ecto2" 
or clean it with "mix deps.clean sqlite_ecto2"
vonhabs@ac02:~/DevProjects/learnphoenix/customers$ 

What is missing here? Could it be something in the erlang configuration. Am I missing some libraries or some build related tools?

PS. What do you do if you don’t have the permissions to add the tags you want?