Good Elixir TDD resources?

Hi Pedro,

Probably I am bit late here, but I was just googling for “TDD Elixir” and I found this thread. I am deeply interested in topics like these.

Few years ago I started a Twitch Channel with the intent to show others how it is possible to apply practices like Clean Code, TDD and Refactoring as a support to learn a new programming language.

I decided to learn Elixir: starting from the basics of the language, the I did some programming session on Code Katas, and at the end I had the chance to push some little contributions to different open source projects, meet and learn from more experienced people. In general, an 100% nice experience! Here you can access to several examples of my journey in learning Elixir with TDD.

As a result, I wanted to create a talk (unfortunately it’s only available in Italian) where I shared the process that I followed to learn a new programming language doing TDD:

Eventually, I would like to propose an updated version of this talk, in english!

I remember also a talk from @gpad on TDD and Elixir, from the last Code Beam STO 2019

Now, after more than one year I started to work for a company where we play daily with Elixir and I learned something more about how is it possible to apply TDD (new tools, new libraries, what works, what don’t, etc …). And it’s time to share something, again.

I will give a speech at the next Beam Languages United - Stockholm Meetup with a practical example of TDD Outside-In in Elixir.

The session should be recorded and then uploaded on YouTube, from the organizers of the meetup. I will ask.

By the way, I will then upload an offline session on YouTube also, with only the desktop, the code and my voice. Something similar to this.

I am still learning, it’s an interesting journey and I am absolute available to share experience with anyone else interested in these topics.

1 Like