I genuinely hate programming now

What a breeze to find fellow AI haters in this space.

What I find most depressing and worrisome is the authoritarian aura around the theme (“get on board, or get left behind”, yadayada, you know the drill).

I mean, my problems are with the technology itself, not with its users. I do understand that so many people like and want to use it (ethical, social, economical, technical and environmental issues aside), but in a large and diverse world like ours it should be alternatives to whom do want to get left behind by this wagon, right?

I just can’t trust any codebase that has been exposed to LLM-generated code.

Yeah, I too try to minimize as much as possible my exposure, but it gets so exhausting sometimes. I’ve progressively moving to projects that have an explicit anti-AI policy like Gentoo, vim-classic, and following the discussions on Human Emacs, but do not feel read to leave Linux itself yet.

How do you (who think and feel something similar) are managing the storm? Especially, anyone knows about some group, forum, subforum or project dedicated to a human crafting in the Elixir sphere (although I get that the codebase itself is tainted)?

11 Likes