I respectfully disagree with this.
Python may have more learning resources, but that doesn’t necessarily make it easier to learn. C++ has a lot of learning resources and it’s hard as ****. Same with Rust… ![]()
Further, I find Elixir’s official documentation 10x easier to read and understand than Python’s (or Ruby’s).
As someone else pointed out, Elixir follows the principle of least surprise much better than Python, thus making it easier to learn.
As far as the language itself, I find Elixir to be extremely simply. Not only simple, but very “small.”
But if you’re talking about frameworks (OTP, Phoenix, Absinthe, Nerves, various libraries etc etc), that’s a different story. BUT… I find most of them to be so much better documented than their counterparts in other languages that it makes them “easy” to learn.
Edit…
Also, I prefer when I ask an Elixir question that the top Google hit is official documentation that answers my question perfectly…
Rather than 100 blog posts trying to answer the question well.


















