Library for runtime application configuration—interested?

I hadn’t found dotenvy before! I really like what you’re doing with it.

  • I think most of what I’m trying to build would subsume usage of that project, to support more sophisticated use-cases. I think what you’ve built is a very good middle ground though, including for many of my own projects! I’ll be linking to it in an “Alternatives” section for my project, at the very least, and will have to try it out on some of my things soon!
  • Sadly, I’m trying to accomplish a lot of things at compile-time, within config/config.exs, to get a unified story for non-dotenv sources and metaprogram certain config key access guarantees, so I don’t think I can leverage its source-loading tooling.
  • I do really like your dotenv file parser, though—it’s very well-specified and deliberate in a way that suits what I’m working on well. I may investigate swapping out the library I use to parse dotenvs in favor of its parser, if I can!