Thank you for the feedback!
Yes, it’s possible that the distribution will be configurable too in the future.
The current hash ring implementation works great, but providing an option to configure the distribution would make the library much more versatile.
New features will probably be added as it’s still in the early development stage.
Currently, I’m thinking of adding more failure-handling mechanisms, as there are so many things that can go wrong when designing distributed systems.
I’m hoping this library could become one of the go-to options when building distributed systems using Elixir, like Horde and Swarm are at the moment.
By gaining more traction, others could help report bugs and make the library more bulletproof. It’s currently the heart of the application I’m building.
Also, thank you for the great ideas. I really like the idea of letting the user pick the node for the process to start on.


















