Thank you, @derpycoder. I’ve opened PR 8 to address this feedback. I’ll leave the PR open until tomorrow evening to allow time to review if you’re interested.
- I added
autofocusto the first field in the user profile view.
a. The disappearing cursor may have been related to some issues with the user hook (#3 below). - The home page’s
Sign Inbutton is nowMy Profile, which links to/user/profile. - The user hook was updated to remove an unnecessary redirect and to clean up the code a bit.
a. Did this reduce/eliminate page flicker? - Flashes have been removed for now, and I’m trying to understand if/how they can be persisted across redirects.
- Thanks for introducing me to KSUIDs.
a. UUIDs are supported out of the box by Phoenix and Postgres.
b. The demo app is just that, a demo app. KSUIDs might be cool, but the purpose of the demo app is to illustrate how the passkey component can be implemented.
I’ve heard your feedback about phx.gen.auth. For now, my focus is on getting the implementation right for fresh Phoenix apps. My thinking is that passkeys are a replacement for traditional auth, though it’s likely most production apps will want a fallback to basic auth when passkeys are not supported. I have to review the auth generators and think about how to support both modes of authentication.


















