Which code editor (or IDE) do you use?

That would be awesome :slight_smile: From time to time a blog post is written about Emacs+Elixir and it would be neat to collect them somewhere.


When I came back to Emacs after a couple of years with TextMate, I started out with a starter package—I can’t remember what it was called, but it worked pretty nicely for me for a while. One day I decided to get rid of some of the stuff I didn’t like about the starter package and roll my own config.

I imagine that, if you go the vanilla route, you should look into Evil-mode. It is a port of Vim in Emacs. You have the keybindings of Vim with the runtime of Emacs. It is one of the more popular Emacs modes out there.

But I suggest that you just enjoy Emacs however you like, and start tinkering when you feel something is off or could be better :slight_smile:

1 Like