Windows and Linux co-development

Oh… That’s easy. It’s in Enable/Disable Programs and Features.
Or, assuming you’re running on Windows 10, in an elevated (i.e. Run as Administrator) PowerShell prompt run:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -All -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-Tools-All

It will tell you if you need to restart after that. Then it’s named Hyper-V Manager in your programs.

I mean, I never liked tools like mtr or its Windows equivalent of pathping. I always felt like they gave enough information to know where there was a problem, but not why my routing wasn’t working. But the stuff I did was only a couple of hops and used hand written route rules.

I use Get-Route and Test-NetConnection -TraceRoute quite a bit though. Also Test-NetConnection -port 443. Instead of dig I use Resolve-DnsName.

Of course, that’s only helpful if you didn’t know that PowerShell could do those things. It isn’t helpful if you just enjoy working in bash more. Personally, I find working in PowerShell a pleasant experience.

Haha, I remember showing an old co-worker what rvm and rbenv’s ruby-build did to make Ruby compile on a OSX. The worst was when people would shell out to which in Ruby. Perfectly good gems were deemed unusable on Windows because they called which at some point.

Uhh, sure. I’ll have to get back into it because it’s been awhile, but which distro were you trying to use? Also, maybe using the Hyper-V GUI will help a little bit. If I remember correctly there is a specific option you have to use to get video drivers correct.

Huh, I don’t know what to tell you. The problem we were having was people we getting 3GB blueprints and opening up 3 at a time in Adobe. Which would then spend a bunch of time writing the to the swap anytime that they went to a different program. After testing, 32 GB of RAM only increased speed marginally and increasing the swap space made it slower. Just upgrading to an SSD fixed the problem entirely.

Yep, I try to use msys2 there when I can. But as for the automation, I’m betting you didn’t consider using the profile loaded by PowerShell. If you did, what was the problem?

Why the Hyper-V hate? :confused: Is there something in particular that you don’t like?