Claude Code Elixir - Claude Code plugin marketplace for Elixir development

Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my own projects.

Includes:

  • elixir-lsp: Language Server integration (go-to-definition, references, Dialyzer). Using elixir-ls.
  • mix-format: Auto-formats .ex/.exs files after edits

claude plugin marketplace add georgeguimaraes/claude-code-elixir

https://github.com/georgeguimaraes/claude-code-elixir

Feedback welcome!

17 Likes

Added

  • elixir-architectural-thinking: Mental models for writing Elixir — how it differs from OOP.
  • phoenix-ecto-thinking: Architectural patterns for Phoenix and Ecto.
  • otp-thinking: OTP design patterns and when to use each abstraction.
4 Likes

thoughts on adding expert lsp?

1 Like

whenever it is ready to be used, I’ll add it

I dont seem to be able to have the lsp working. I installed the elixir-ls and I can see it working if I type ! elixir-ls in claude code prompt but, when I ask claude to test the lsp while I am in an elixir project, I get No LSP server available for file type: .ex
I am lost and Claude seem to not understand what is wrong too :smiley:
I am on the lastest Claude Code (2.0.74)

all LSPs are bugged on Claude Code. there’s an open issue there.

1 Like

Great, maybe we need to contribute Ash related ones

I personally have found the post edit and pre commit hooks useful for running mix ash.codegen: claude-marketplace-elixir/plugins/ash/README.md at main · bradleygolden/claude-marketplace-elixir · GitHub

And great project, ty for sharing!

Tried to use it, couldn’t get it to work, claude tried to help, run in circles, but nothing helped.

● Good news — expert IS running (Claude Code started it). It’s a BEAM process. And the manual test shows it does accept --stdio. The issue is likely that expert takes a while to initialize (compiling/indexing), and the LSP tool times out.

● Bash(which expert && expert --version 2>&1)
⎿ /root/.local/bin/expert
0.1.0-rc.5-d1b4889

Changed it to be more vendor agnostic and work with Codex as well and renamed it to elixir-agent-tools

My idea here is that those skills SHOULD and NEED to be small, only knowledge that would change how an LLM reasons about elixir code should be added. (I ran some evals to decide that).

2 Likes